Program Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Onurcan Yılmaz
Contact: [email protected]
Aim of the Program:
- In the present era, Psychological Science has gained an interdisciplinary characteristic by incorporating methodological paradigms from different sub-fields and other fields of science. It became a necessity to launch a research-oriented Ph.D. program in Psychological Sciences with the main goal of understanding human nature in an integrative fashion. In the service of this goal, various areas of research in psychology, such as cognitive, developmental, and social psychology, as well as their interactions will be the focus throughout the program.
- The program aims to train qualified academics who will actively take part in research while ideally holding scholarships in projects funded by KHAS, TÜBİTAK, and other national/international agencies.
Faculty accepting students for Fall 2023 :
Target Audience of the Program:
- Students who have graduated from a 4-year undergraduate program (Psychology) and subsequently a Master’s degree program (Psychology) with thesis (or who are in a position to complete the latter program before joining this one)
Features of the Ph.D. Program:
- Opportunity to engage with and take course from various sub-fields and other fields of science.
- The main areas of research in psychology (cognitive, developmental, social) and their interactions will be the focus throughout the program.
- Students will focus intensively on a sub-field of their choice while studying primary scientific inquiries of psychological science through different scientific paradigms and methods.
Minimum requirements for application
B.A./B.S. (Psychology) degree and M.A. (Psychology) degree M.A. / M.S. (Psychology)
Undergraduate GPA equal to or greater than 2.75
Minimum ALES score of 70 (EA)
English proficiency (e.g., a minimum YDS score of 75)
Documents for Application
Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
GRE/ALES score sheet
YDS score sheet (or equivalent document of English proficiency such as e-YDS, YÖKDİL, TOEFL)
Two letters of recommendation (not required for Kadir Has University Psychology alumni); a 3rd letter is optional.
Statement of purpose: The applicant should provide information in English (maximum 2000 words) about the reasons for applying to a particular field, who they would like to work with for their dissertation and what kind of research they would like to conduct, their previous research experience relevant to this potential dissertation topic (if any), what other research topics are of interest to them, their expectations from the Ph.D. program, and their future plans. It should be written in Times New Roman 12 pt font with 1.5 line spacing.
Research Proposal: The research proposal should be written in English and should be between 2500-5000 words. This empirical research proposal should follow the APA style and should include a Title, Abstract, Introduction, Method, References, and Appendices sections.
All applicants will take a qualifying exam that will contain questions regarding research article evaluation and specific questions about social, cognitive, developmental theories, and research methods.
Department email address: [email protected]
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS (international students)
Click for online application (international students)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS (Turkish citizens)
Click for online application (Turkish citizens)